In this blog article we will learn about how to install Python and run a Hello world program in windows.
- Python is a programming language.
- Python was created in the early 1990s by Guido van Rossum.
- Python is used in many real-world business applications around the world.
- It is used in web application development, scientific and numeric computing, education, desktop GUIs, Software Development, Business Applications etc.,
- Current release version of Python is Python 3.7.4 released on July 8th 2019.
Steps to Install and Run “Hello World” program in Python
Step 1: Download Python Software from https://www.python.org/
Setp 2: Double Click the Python Exe setup file and follow the Wizard.
Step 3: In the Install Python wizard window, click on Install Now to continue installation or you can click on Customize installation to see further options. Make sure to select Add Python to PATH check box at the bottom of the window as shown below.
Step 4: If we choose Custom installation, In the Advanced Options wizard window, make sure you Add Python to environment variables checkbox is selected as shown below. You can change the install location if required from Custom Install Location. Click Install to continue installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is finished, go to windows command prompt and type
python to see the Python interpreter as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 6: Type
exit() inside the Python interpreter to quit from the Python command line interface.
Step 7: To check the version of Python Installed in your system, type
python --version in the windows command prompt.
Learn more about Python Lists in our next Blog article.